Hey ladies! The holidays are fast approaching so today we're gonna be doing this nail design which is a perfect casual nail design for the holidays. I call them "Frostree Nails" (kind of like a combination of Frosty and Tree). As you can see there's some sort of a green inverted triangle on it --- this represents our Tree. And those white star-looking things around it are our Frost. This is a relatively easy design, however I must say that you might be having a little difficulty with the Frosts. If you are, here are my suggestions, you can ask your friend (or mother/sister/even your boyfriend!) to do the Frosts for you. You can also just use some ready made frost stickers and just stick them to your nails, or you can just use tiny dots instead (using a toothpick as your dotting tool).
So here are the nail polishes and tools that I used for this nail design:
From left to right:
- Caronia Nail Hardener and Base Coat
- Klik Nail Polish in "Baby Blue"
- Klik Nail Polish in "Frosted Blue Pearl"
- Caress Nail Polish in "Green Minded"
- Caress Nail Polish in "Avocado"
- LA Colors Art Deco in "White" -- you can buy this at Metro Ayala Department Store.
- (optional) Sweet Cherry Nail Polish in "Glitter Silver" or Twinkle Nail Polish in "Glitter Gold"
- Caronia Fast Dry Top Coat
- Detail Brush --- you can also use this instead if you can't find the LA Colors Art Deco. Just make sure that the white nail polish that you use has a thicker consistency so that you won't be having a hard time creating the Frosts.
- Apply your base coat. Then, apply two coats of the Regular Baby Blue color. Wait for a few minutes and then apply one coat of the Frosted Blue Pearl color.
- Taking the Green Minded color nail polish, put some of it on a piece of paper. Then grab your detail brush and dip it unto the nail polish. Draw a V-shaped outline extending from the center of your nail to the tip.
- Then, taking your detailed brush again, dip this unto the Avocado color nail polish and fill in the space between your V outline.
- Using LA Colors Art Deco in white (or a detail brush dipped in white nail polish), draw some star shaped frosts all over your nail.
- Wait for the nail polishes to be fully dried and then apply your top coat.
Useful tip: Maintain your mani by applying top coat every two days.
Here's the video tutorial (Music used is by Jason Shaw (at audionautix.com under Creative Commons 3.0) called Lazy Day for the intro and 12 Mornings for the rest of the video):
So I hope you ladies like this nail design and give it a try. I'll talk to you soon!